Thursday, November 3, 2016

Rolling with the Punches

    I love holidays.
    Well, I love some holidays.

    I love Halloween and the Day of the Dead. October is very much my favorite month.
    Every year, on November 3rd, I think about starting on next year's Halloween projects.

    "If I start now," I explain to myself, "our costumes will be SOOO AWESOME!"
    Or, "I can start knitting right now and have a garland of tiny scarecrows to hang up next Halloween!"

    It seems like a lack of money always prevents me from my goals. I'm going to try again though!

    Knitting scarecrows, autumn leaves, and pumpkins! Here I go!

    Two of the little ones fell asleep right before trick-or-treat time, so me and the two oldest ones went around our neighborhood.

    It was fun. They wore themselves out.
    On our way home, I was asking them if they wanted to hit the houses with lights on.
    My oldest was complaining that her legs hurt from going up and down the apartment stairs, but every time we were about to pass a house;
    "Just one more." She'd say. So cute.
    My 3yr old was dragging her bag of candy, but she'd point to the houses as well. They weren't done until we were home.

    I love Halloween. I love autumn. I love the cool air at night and I love the lack of Christmas songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment