Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Surprise Neighbor Attack

   Once upon a time, about last Saturday, our neighbor came knocking on the door.

    It was morning so I was still in my jammie pants, and I'm paranoid, so naturally, I hissed at the closed door.
    It was a day I was letting my fantastic husband sleep in, so I answered the door all morning looking.

    "Did you guys lose an iguana?" He asked.

    "N-no, why? What's up?" I stammered.

    "There's one out back on the rose bush, and as far as I know, they're not indigenous-" He goes on a bit and I'm processing that it is currently 29 degrees Ferienheight (that's about 4 degrees below freezing). I happen to know that that will easily kill our cold-blooded friend.
    I mentioned bringing him inside.
    "They bite, don't they? I don't want to grab it if it's gonna bite me." He said.

    "Well alright," I said. "Let me put this baby down and then you can show me where it is."
    I bustled into the bedroom, which woke up my husband.
    "Sorry Love! I didn't mean to wake you. We have to save an iguana."

    Having had iguanas in his youth, my husband jumped up, jumped into clothes and jumped outside to rescue the iguana.

    . . . to be continued . . .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment