Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Awesome Days

    When I homeschooled my oldest, she was 9 at the time. We used IXL and it wasn't what she needed. I'm sure it works wonders for some kids, but it just stressed mine out and made her cry.
    I personally worked out a curriculum for science, history, we threw in yoga, emotional recognition, recess/organized sports play. That half hour of IXL math and half hour of IXL reading completely ruined the rest of the fun we'd had all day. Eventually, I felt like I was failing her even more than public school, so she went back to public school.
   Ever since then I've been quietly, and waaaaay too slowly, developing a fun online curriculum that hopefully won't stress her out. It's hard to code websites when you have helpers pawing at your legs all day.

    ALL DAY! EVEN WHEN I TRY TO PEE! They're always there. They're always watching... They're always calling "Momma!" 

    My little ones are too little for school. I mean, I suppose we could pay for Preschool, but it just feels like sacrificing my precious mommy-babies time. I suppose maybe two 15 minute blocks of Preschool would be nice, ya know, so I can go potty.

    Anyway. I've been trying to teach them at home. Basically Preschool Homeschool.

    When I homeschooled, I had a schedule I tried to follow. For the first four months it worked out, but mostly, in reality, most of the day seemed to slip chaotically through my fingers.

    Today, though. Today has been one of those elusive "good days" where everything falls into place without a hitch and you feel confident. Today I feel like I could homeschool all my kids, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment