Wednesday, September 14, 2016

My Difficult Daughter

    My oldest daughter is 10. She's from a previous marriage and I love her entirely.

    Without realizing it, she can be blunt, awkward and sometimes straight up mean with her words, but she's a sweetheart who is working on saying the nicest truth, and loves her growing fan club of tiny sisters.


    My problem is that she's come back from her father's house with a type of food poisoning called campylobacter.
    It's horrible. It makes her constantly smelly, gives her horrible tummy cramps and since she doesn't take showers at his house, she gets very unhygienic sores on her bottom.



    It's so difficult to get her to more independent while she's over there. Even when I call her and remind her to shower, I have no way of knowing if she will.

    It's difficult to not raise her Friday and Saturday.
    It's difficult to see her hurt and not be able help.

No comments:

Post a Comment