Wednesday, October 12, 2016

4 am, again-again

All three of my teenest tinies woke up. Not sure why, but they were easy to get back to sleep today.

In these dark, comfortable wee hours of the morning, it's almost nice to enjoy these stolen cuddles.

    Next August, I'll be 30 and I was really thinking about that yesterday.


   When I was 12, I had these grand dreams of saving money so that when I turned 18, I could buy some land and plant a tree and then build a house, and I figured that if I planted a tree then, by the time I had kids in my mid to late 30's the tree would be tall enough to be a good place for a tree-house.
    Such ambitious goals.

    I never managed to save more than $200, and even that didn't stay. so here I am, 29.

    It really is crazy, and while I'm typing away at 4 am to work to that goal of having enough money for everything we need, I just really love this life.

    We don't have enough room, and honestly, I'm kind of giving up on Missoula because I'm not finding many nice people here, but sitting with my little girl on my lap is so awesome.

    She's being wiggly and painful on my lap, but these little cuddles are worth so many unpleasant nights at work. They are worth all the sleep deprivation and every poo diaper changed.

    It's so amazing how precious my kids are to me. I really appreciate them, and my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment