Friday, October 14, 2016

Finally!

    My oldest daughter is bright. Very bright. She could write the alphabet before she was 3 and was dividing when she was 5, so when her teachers in kindergarten said she had trouble remembering the four letters they were learning, I was rather concerned.

    I've always felt like I could teach her more than she could learn at school, however, she was 6 before she had any siblings. I wanted her to go to school to socialize since I didn't know anyone with kids her age and I myself am not great at socializing so the idea of joining groups and classes for her to be able to find friends was just terrifying at the time.

     A few parent-teacher conferences into her school life and I discovered quite quickly that friendship is not a concern of any of her past teachers.
    Most of them could not tell me if she was playing with kids at all.

    It was terribly, terribly heartbreaking.

   Since she was born, I've been fighting to make that little girl's life as happy and nice as I possibly can, but it seems like the world has been fighting back pretty hard when it comes to her, until yesterday.

    Yesterday was the first breath of fresh air I've ever had while fighting for my daughter.

    We went to a psychological testing appointment and for the very first time, she didn't tell me there was nothing wrong with my daughter.
    When my little girl started crying about not being able to make friends, the psychologist suggested a family counselor who'd be able to put us in touch with social groups.

    I am so relieved to finally have help.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment