Thursday, October 27, 2016

Repition

    I'm not really sure why kids want to watch their favorite movie over and over and over again, but I'm going to be honest, I never grew out of it. There are a few songs I could literally listen to all day without getting bored of them.
    I generally dislike using the T.V as a crutch, but I do.
    At 4 am, when one of my girls just decides to be awake, and it's too early for coffee, because I'd really like to go back to sleep, but I'm for realsies too tired to open my eyes properly, I turn on a movie.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to continue watching our weekend movie. We make popcorn and assemble on the couch for cuddles together.
    It's a refreshing, end-of-the-week treat.

    We were doing so good for a while. We'd set a "one movie a day" limit and we stuck with it for a few weeks.
 
   Inertia; something in motion will remain in motion, unless something stops it.
   It seems like, as soon as it comes on, it stays on. It's like it's so much easier to walk over, change a disk, wait through the previews to press play than it is to walk over and press the three power buttons. (For those curious out there, one for the DVD player, one for the T.V and one for the sound system).
    When it comes on before I'm awake, I feel like I've lost the battle.

    I've kept the sink clear of dirty dishes for the past two days. I've kept Lulu's teef brushed every night for the past two weeks and I've managed to give our teeny tiniest her K drops nearly ever day since she was born.
    It's my Monday today, but next week, I think I'll add the one movie goal back in.
    I seem to have the hardest time keeping with a routine or schedule, but I'm going to keep working at it until something sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment